E-911 Important Information
Please read the attached Schedule. If You are subscribing to Telehop's Office BYOB or Office SIP services ("Office Services"), You agree to the following, as part of this Agreement.
Please be advised you MUST inform Telehop if you move any or all of your phones. It is imperative that Telehop has the correct location for all of your VoIP phones. If you need to update your address information, please send an email with your name and telephone number for the phone you are moving and the updated address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised these changes may take up to 48 hours.
I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
I have received and have read and understood the Terms and Conditions relating to Office Services, including 9-1-1 service.
I and all staff/users of my Service understand the nature and limits of 9-1-1 service associated with the Office Services.
Office Services Terms and Conditions
In additions to the terms and conditions, in Your Agreement, the following terms and conditions apply to Your Office Service(s). In the event of a discrepancy between these terms and the Agreement, these terms will take precedence:
- Not a Traditional Telephone Service. You acknowledge and understand that Office Services operate differently from traditional landline telephone services. The Service connects to the Internet or a dedicated connection, which is different from a traditional telephone line. There are IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES between telephone service and Office Services as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Limitations. 9-1-1 service associated with Your Office Services has certain limitations compared with traditional 9-1-1 service, which are as follows:
- If You dial 9-1-1, You will be automatically routed to a specialized call centre that handles emergency calls. The call centre is different from the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) that would answer a traditional emergency call. You may be required to provide Your name, telephone number and address to the call centre operator.
- You are responsible for providing, maintaining, and updating correct contact information (including name, address where you will be using Office Services and telephone number) with your account. If you do not correctly identify the actual location where you are located, or if your account information has recently changed or has otherwise not been updated, 9-1-1 calls may be misdirected to an incorrect emergency response site.
- Service Outages. You acknowledge and understand that during Internet or dedicated connection service outages for any reason whatsoever, Your Service, INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE, will not work.
- Loss of Service Due to Power Failure. You acknowledge and understand in the event of a power failure, Your Service, INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE will not work. If there is an interruption in the power supply, 9-1-1 SERVICE, will not function until power is restored. A power failure or disruption may require You to re-set or reconfigure Equipment prior to using the Service.
- Service Outage Due to Suspension of Your Account. You acknowledge and understand that service outages due to suspension of Your account as a result of billing issues will prevent Service, INCLUDING 9-1-1 SERVICE, from functioning.